As we get into June it’s important to review preparedness tips for the weather season ahead of us:
- Assemble an Emergency KitInclude first-aid supplies, nonperishable food, water, and your medications.
- Establish an Evacuation RouteDetermine where you would go during a hurricane and how you would get there.
- Develop a Family Communication PlanHow will you contact each other? What if you get separated or lose your phone? Plan for any situation.
- Make Sure You’re CoveredTalk with your insurance agent to determine whether your insurance is adequate to protect your property. We would be happy to help, click here.
- Evacuate Immediately if OrderedIf you’re told to evacuate for a hurricane, do not wait. Do it right away. Your life may depend on it.